Meet Fred

While out and about, I came across this new water bottle. It's pretty snazzy with its well designed flask shape. So I thought to myself, "what's the purpose?". It obviously must have something to do with the environment. So, I get excited. However, I look on the back, read a short ... bio? But the only thing I see about the environment is a recyclable symbol and that it is packaged locally. Well, better than nothing I figure. But I still wasn't satisfied. Yes, I was intrigued by this flask designed personification of a water bottle. So, I decided to do what everyone does who comes across a name they aren't familiar with, Google. I came across this pretty nice and interactive "trendzine" for "Fred" the water bottle. The site is pretty cool. It's more like a blog. Fred even has his own Facebook and Twitter!

However, I could not help but think about how this cute little bottle of water contributes to the privatization of water. How company's are packaging a free and renewable resource that our body so desperately needs and sells this water back to the people. Capitalism at its finest.

Hello Fred, nice to meet you.

No comments:

Post a Comment