Picture of the Day

Look what I came across during my routine Saturday morning errand run. I found this baby right outside of the local Rite Aid Pharmacy. "The Promise of PepsiCo" is what the headline on the machine says. I wasn't too familiar with the Pepsi Company project and its green initiatives so, I decided to do some digging.

I found the actual Pepsi Co Promise which reads;


At PepsiCo, Performance with Purpose means delivering sustainable growth by investing in a healthier future for people and our planet. As a global food and beverage company with brands that stand for quality and are respected household names–Quaker Oats, Tropicana, Gatorade, Lay's and Pepsi-Cola, to name a few–we will continue to build a portfolio of enjoyable and wholesome foods and beverages, find innovative ways to reduce the use of energy, water and packaging, and provide a great workplace for our associates. Additionally, we will respect, support and invest in the local communities where we operate, by hiring local people, creating products designed for local tastes and partnering with local farmers, governments and community groups. Because a healthier future for all people and our planet means a more successful future for PepsiCo. This is our promise.


Good stuff Pepsi! It always gets me excited to find a company taking steps toward a greener future. The recycling bin machine lets you dispose aluminum cans and pet plastics (for when you are walking you dog I assume). That's awesome! Take THAT, Coca-Cola!

Kudo Pepsi, kudos.

No comments:

Post a Comment