VEGETARIANS BEWARE !

There is a scare going around about whether or not seafood is safe to eat being that there is a massive oil spill going on in the Gulf of Mexico. The Gulf of Mexico fisheries are home to 59 percent of U.S. oyster production and three-quarters of the country's wild shrimp.


should you be worried?
Apparently, no. Seafood is been throughly examined by trained and professional .. noses. Basically, what they do to watch for oil is that they smell the food caught. Basically, sniffing out the oil. Oil has a very distinctive strong smell so if oil is in the fish, it would be clearly detected. So scientists and professionals are claiming that we have nothing to worry about.

I only eat chicken and fish so seafood is my absolute favorite food BUT will I be eating seafood? I don't know chief! I'll probably eat seafood for a couple more weeks until I assume it's probably time to restock but after that, no thank you. I may try the "vegan" diet for a while. Or stick to my chicken. I don't know how trustworthy the government can be.

*shrug*

To each his own.

Here is the FDA report since April 30,2010
" Although crude oil has the potential to taint seafood with flavors and odors caused by exposure to hydrocarbon chemicals, the public should not be concerned about the safety of seafood in the stores at this time.

Earlier this week, the state of Louisiana opened some commercial zones to shrimping ahead of the regular season, to allow fishermen to harvest before the oil reached those zones; however, the State has since closed some of those zones to shrimping based on the location and movement of the oil spill.
"



Credits;
Safe Spectrum

No comments:

Post a Comment