The 300lb VEGAN Linebacker Crushing All Stereotypes .. and Opponents



“People ask me if I want to get a steak and I tell them I actually don’t eat that, or any meat or dairy. They’re usually thinking, ‘Wait, you’re supposed to be small and weak.’ But of course they can’t say that when they’re looking at me.”



I've had people tell me that it is impossible for them (as an athlete) to lead a completely vegan lifestyle because they could not get enough protein. Even though, my rebuttle is always, vegetables have protein too! However, I am no dietitian so I am not one to construct daily meal plans for them to prove my point. But, alas! David Carter, linebacker for the Chicago Bears, has crushed all nay sayers. If he can do it, so can you!

According to GQ, David has a daily intake of 10,000 calories to maintain and gain weight while eating "1.2 grams of protein per pound per day". This man does not miss a meal.
Originally, he became vegan to combat his tendonitis from which the harshness of football bestowed upon him. And wouldn't you know it, after a few months, it disappeared. Actually, David "is leaner and faster now than when he ate animals and their byproducts".
Apparently, he'd soon learn, a life in pain didn't have to be a given. Carter’s life changed when he learned, from a documentary on veganism, that dairy contributes to some forms of tendonitis. His own tendonitis had gotten so bad that he struggled to lift himself out of the bathtub. “I realized I was making everything worse,” he says. “I was feeding the tendonitis, the muscle fatigue, everything. So the next day I went vegan. The first thing I ate was a bean burger and haven’t eaten meat since.


Here is an example of his what his daily intake looks like;
    Breakfast
    Oatmeal with hemp protein, bananas and berries

    Snack
    20 ounce smoothie made with cannellini beans, banana, strawberries, and spirulina

    Lunch
    Brown rice and black beans topped with avocado and cashew cheese

    Snack
    Another 20 ounce smoothie

    Another lunch
    More of the brown rice and black bean combo

    Snack
    Another 20 ounce smoothie
    Dinner
    Couscous with onion and garlic, and spinach salad with bell peppers

    Snack
    Another 20 ounce smoothie

All vegan! So, don't tell me you can't go vegan because you wouldn't be able to maintain your weight. Don't say that you cannot get enough protein in your diet. The proof is in the pudding! Vegan pudding that is. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment