Eco-Friendly Air Freshner

Recently, I have been shopping around for apartments in DC so I am playing interior decorator now. I love walking into a room and having it smell really fresh. So I started to think, what is the most environmentally friendly way to keep your home smelling nice?

Plug-ins cant be that environmentally friendly being that it constantly uses electricity being that you have to actually plug it in.
Spray cans just do not sit too well with me because you're spraying chemicals into the air. And they only work for a couple minutes anyway.

So I did some research :)


Alternative ways to freshen up your home the environmentally friendly way
  • Closet & House Odor Absorbers; these tiny pebble looking minerals are nontoxic and they completely erase odor problems in the home. They are in cute little bags that you simply hang up and let the magic happen. They deodorize about 600 square feet of space! Get them here.



  • Candles; with all natural ingredients. Check these out!



  • Sani-Mate; this not only deodorizes your home but also purifies the air. Its like an air sanitizer. Unfortunately, you do have to plug it in however, it is energy efficient. The great thing about this product is that it kills bacteria, viruses, molds, chemicals, smoke, allergens and ordors in the air! However, this is ideal for small spaces such as bathrooms. This needs no replacement parts like filters! Get this here.

  • Scented oils; these are my favorite! Bath and Body Works have the best ones in my experience. Oils sent the home really fast and its lasting. You have to purchase an oil warmer first though which are always fun because they are so cute! Check these babies out.
  • Potpourri; is a mixture of dried, naturally fragrant plant material, used to provide a gentle natural scent in houses. My mother used these when i was younger. I remember her boiling them on the stove and the house just smelled like amazing flowers. This really works! You can even make your own. Or get some here.
  • Open a window! Nothing is fresher than natural air (depending on where you live). Keeping a window open filters your home and lets all the toxins out while neutralizing your homes air.

I hoped this helped you as much as it helped me! Try them out and let me know how it goes. :)

peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment