GREENPEACE SHUTS DOWN 30 BP GAS STATIONS IN LONDON

I just had a flutter of joy in my heart when I read about this civil disobedience in London. This is exactly what it's going to take to get things done obviously since the government refuses to transition to a clean energy economy. Everyday citizens, like YOU and I, will need to put our foot down and say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! If we want change, WE obviously have to make it happen ourselves. We clearly cannot rely on our "leaders" anymore.



GREENPEACE UK shut down 30 BP gas stations across London this morning. They put up banners reading, "Closed: Moving beyond petroleum". They also pull safety switches cutting off fuel supplies and removed them so that they couldn't be turned back on at the stations.

British environmentalist are a bit more gutsy than us American environmentalist. But I would have been SO down!



Oh yeah, and I just recieved an offer to intern with GREENPEACE for the fall. *fist pump*

image courtesy of; greenpeace.org

No comments:

Post a Comment